3 TIGERS --MR. ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD-pic and video added

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Re: 3 TIGERS --MR. ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD-EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN DO

Postby treesleeper on August 7th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Great report and great pictures. Y'all make it look easy. Congratulations on the tigers.
treesleeper

Postby rdmedic71 on August 8th, 2011, 6:43 am

Thats Crazy!!!

Havent been able to log on in a while but Im glad I did this morning. These reports made my day and its not even 7am!

You guys earned this! CONGRATS!!
DUSTOFF
rdmedic71

Postby Nemo on August 8th, 2011, 7:00 am

Sonny and crew, congrats on an amazing trip! I still can't get over how massive the head is on that tiger.
Nemo

Postby TheFangman on August 8th, 2011, 8:16 am

Sonny Sonny Sonny. What a great trip for you guys. I cant thank you enough for letting Us stay at your camp. I wish i could have been on the sand longer but i hadnt see my girl for a long time. Joey, Iv fished with you before and once again you are a stand up guy. You desirved every inch of those tigers. I thought it was cool to see you play in the surf all day long with your kids and then to be rewarded with your sharks. John and Bill, It was great to meet you guys and have some good talks. You guys are always welcome to come fish with me. Thanks John for the beach driving permit. Even though we didnt see any rangers I felt more comfortable having it with me. We got weeded out that night real fast and the bugs were bad so we ended up driving to the very southern tip of the cape.

Congrats on your acomplishments.
TheFangman

Postby CATCHINJIANTS on August 8th, 2011, 9:41 am

Sonny style :D AWESOME... JUST AWESOME!!! YOU GUYS & GALS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING THE FISH. KEEP ON GETTIN UP!!!!!!

Great report :mrgreen:
....................Image......................
-----------Just another opinion. FISH ON!!!----------
CATCHINJIANTS

Postby captnickm on August 8th, 2011, 9:57 am

Great report Guys!!!!
3 Tigers is just flat amazing!!!!
captnickm

Postby Matzy on August 8th, 2011, 11:07 am

Sonny and crew,

Amazing report! Couldn't be happier for you guys! I have been a part of two trips with 3 tigers on the sand and they are the ones I still can't stop thinking about! Epic trip! And I rarely say that! Congrats on the tigers!

Joey, congrats on the brute. You have now officially "felt the power" and probably really understand why heavy tackle is fished from the beach. Awesome stuff!

Congratulations to everyone!

Matt
Matzy

Postby Smokinya1 on August 8th, 2011, 11:20 am

Man did we have a good time with friends & family..................it was a pleasure seeing everyone again and I am looking forward to doing it again. It still has not sank in that I have finally got a Tiger and both were PB's each time...........I can see how addicting it can be to fight a big fish with the give and take that is involved.

Team......I can not thank you enough for your help landing the tigers and I can not wait to return to favor on your next big catch.

I have added some pics & video of the trip

Finally got to break in my 14/0 setup right ;)

My son & daughter Jacob & Haley with Sonny's son Jordan after a ray gigging trip

Here is a pic of my daughter before her first solo trip to the sand bar in a Yak............last trip she was scared to get in a yak and now she is going out pretty far by herself. She even ran a bait for me later in the trip and also went out in the dark for a little bit.

Video of her solo trip...........I am proud of her for overcoming her fears :D

Heres the video of the release of my 11 footer

Smokinya1

Postby Smokinya1 on August 8th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Matzy wrote:
Joey, congrats on the brute. You have now officially "felt the power" and probably really understand why heavy tackle is fished from the beach. Awesome stuff!

Matt

Yes......it was really nice to have something on the other end of the line that actually takes a little drag especially when she got to the sand bar. I never locked it all the way down during the fight because I was not wanting to push it with my wire leader & sliding trace. Never really tested out the stuff I made before this shark so it was really a relief to land a big one with my gear.
Smokinya1

Re: 3 TIGERS --MR. ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD-pic and video added

Postby sharkin sonny on August 8th, 2011, 1:35 pm

beachcamper---we have sharked the the same places for several years now and we have always had big runs but the hook ups were terrible-----at the end of last year we started using these traces and they have made all the difference--if we had missed 2 or 3 runs this report would have pretty much sucked---only because of the 5 for 6 hooks ups have we been able to put up this report---really we did not catch that many sharks for the 156 straight hours that we had lines in the water---but we made almost every run count--

scout---very kind of you---life is what you make it- what goes around comes around-- ;)

G-W-H-----i checked my tape and it was made in china and you are right it is off by two ft- :shock: ---joey you got a 13 footers :mrgreen:

treesleeper---sleeping on the beach for 7 nights about killed this old fart----i am cut up--sun burned-- have raw feet--
bug bit--and still tired

NEMO---YOU could have crawled up into his mouth and curlled up and he could have swallowed you whole 8-)

MAT--you are right that joey felt the power and cried like a baby that his back was hurting after fighting this shark-------------------BOO -- HOO---

jeff---sorry i did have any pics of you and your girlfriend -but so glad yall got to come---the dinner yall cooked was great
sharkin sonny

PreviousNext

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk