Team Shade Hats Thanksgiving Report - 2017

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Team Shade Hats Thanksgiving Report - 2017

Postby Zach Seltz on December 8th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Went to visit my in laws and managed to do two half day trips to the beach. First day was on FIRE! Reds,blues, and pomps everywhere. Once I had bait we started having nonstop shark runs. I probably had over a dozen runs in 5 hours and only managed to hook 2.......dang blacktips were being a pain and my wife didn'hit know what to do with screaming rods while I was kayaking out other baits. Oh well. Out of all the runs, two seemed like bigger fish but you never know.

The second day I got to spend much more time on the sand, but the bite was a lot slower. Only managed a few pomps and a whiting for bait, but I ran a huge spread with lighter leaders that could target the blacktips a little better. Only managed two runs the entire day , but we hooked up on both. Bite shut down around 2pm when the wind changed directions and picked up. Oh well, still had a fun day and got my FIL on two blacktips.

Overall a fun trip and we managed to get a top 5 blacktip for us around 6ft (pics don't do it justice).

Until next time,
Zach
Zach Seltz

Re: Team Shade Hats Thanksgiving Report - 2017

Postby JustinEdge on December 9th, 2017, 12:18 am

Nice report. Not a bad couple days.
JustinEdge

Re: Team Shade Hats Thanksgiving Report - 2017

Postby elwinsharp on December 15th, 2017, 7:32 am

Great report for such a short time. I love that you hit the beach as a family. Thanks for the report.
elwinsharp

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk