October Report PB Tigers for SharkGirl and LaSharkHunter

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

October Report PB Tigers for SharkGirl and LaSharkHunter

Postby LaSharkHunter on October 26th, 2014, 11:19 pm

It has been a while since we reported. Life has been busy (mostly fishing) and the reports kind of slipped by on us but I hope you all enjoy this report. It is a special one for LaSharkHunter and SharkGirl. :D :D :D

The bridge fishing got us started off in late September/early October

The action was fair and the spanish were nice size

Gage

Makayla

A very quiet night on the beach

Took Dyllyn and Makayla to the pier to try and get a king mackerel but all Dyllyn found was this shark :D

Truck loaded down for an extended day trip

We started our trip with some bay fishing hoping for bait as we had none :o :o
The flounder bite was decent

Not long after we started fishing the beautiful day turned nasty with cold wind and rain with an approaching cold front! YUK! We kept fishing and the action was steady. We lost a few and caught a few.

Diana using whiting head for bait is hooked up to a solid fish.

Turns out to be a nice bull red :D

Doc with a nice little BlackTip 8-)

Remember even sharks this size can do serious damage to you. This shark almost ruined our trip as I got my right hand a little to close to the business end...stupid :oops: and was lucky it wasn't worse than it was.

The next day we head to the beach. The water was beautiful and the sun was shining but geez it was cold and windy. Not much happened but I did hook up on a Blacktip. No pics of the fish we just all wanted to get out of the wind.

The whole second day was very quiet. I was starting to doubt our location and decided we would move the next morning if no sharks showed up. Early into the night Diana gets hooked up with a nice Sandbar.

While we were taking pictures of Diana's fish Doc gets hooked up to a Blacktip
To green to mess with :lol: :lol:

The rest of the night was uneventful. First thing the next morning we kept getting nice runs and then the line would go slack. Frustration was starting to build until we realized it was giant schools of cownoses running into our lines. It was starting to get choppy but we needed bait so off I went in the yak. It wasn't long and I was hooked to a large ray. Quite a battle but I finally won...a half mile down the beach :shock: :shock:

We all felt things were going to happen. The wind was out of the South and we had good bait for a change. The decision was made to stay and what a great choice that would turn out to be. It was mid day and all was quiet and I decided to head into town to pick a cake up for Diana's birthday which was the following day. About an hour after I was gone I received a text message that said "TIGER ON!" My mind went crazy but I knew I was to far away to help. All I could do is wait for the results. Longest 30 mins ever!! Turns out to be Diana's PB Shark at 9ft 5inches!!!! :D :D :D :D

Diana leaned back into the big rod

A nearby family gave them a hand

Happy Early Birthday SharkGirl!!!

At this point our trip was made. We had accomplished what we came for :D :D :D Little did we know it had just started!
A couple hours later Diana hooks up to a MONSTER but somehow the line broke. It was getting rough but I got her bait back out. Grass was a serious issue and it was taking tons of energy to keep lines cleared. Finally we all lay down.

Im awakend by Diana who is hooked up with this nice sandbar

I try to fall back to sleep but my reel keeps clicking from the waves and grass, so I clear the lines and tighten the drag. I finally get comfortable and my eyes close for a minute and my reel clicks again. I'm like :shock: :shock: :shock: It must be a small fish eating my big ray. The reel starts clicking again :shock: :shock: something good has picked it up!! Fish on! I wake Diana and Doc up.

I mean what kind of picture is this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one is better!

Doc and I talked a lot during this battle and decided to let this fish get a little tired before we put him on the sand.

Turns out to be an 8ft 11in Tiger!! :D :D :D

To rough to run baits that night so I finally get some much needed sleep but we miss several hours of fish biting.

The next morning we all sit around discussing the catches. I kept saying all I wanted now was for Doc to get one. How often does everyone in the camp catch a Tiger? I re ran his bait. Putting it out much further than normal for us. Maybe 400yds or so.

Doc and I decided to give Diana her Birthday Cake while the action was quiet.

Happy Birthday SharkGirl!!

We sit down and all begin to enjoy the cake and give Diana her Birthday cards. I swear before I finished my piece of cake Doc's rod begins to bend over and starts singing!!

Doc Hooked UP!!!

We know immediately what it is!!

Dad and Daughter

Nice fight

As we all thought it was a tiger!!! Our 3rd one...WOW!!! A tiger for everyone!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations Doc on a beautiful 8ft 5in Tiger!

Now the camp is elated!!! We are all on cloud nine! At this point I am physically and emotionally exhausted and try to take a nap while Diana and Doc are clearing grass from her line. Next thing I know she is screaming at me Shark On. A big shark has picked up her bait as they were clearing the grass from it!! She loads up the rod and the shark comes to the top immediately and we all know its a big tiger!!!

Diana Hooked up. There should be more pictures but there was a major tangle of lines that we had to work through and is a fantastic story for anyone to hear while fishing with us on the sand.

We finally get the lines cleared which included cutting Diana's line and re-tying it!!!! She had a nice fight and then Doc and I were leadering a big Tiger!!!

Look at this beauty of a Daytime Tiger!!

CONGRATULATIONS SHARKGIRL ON YOUR PB 10FT 7IN TIGER!!!! I'm so happy for you and extremely proud of you!!!

That was our last hit and with the extreme high tides the next day we headed home. We took a couple days to recuperate and enjoy what had happened. Quite a few SOS members came to Pensacola the following weekend. I enjoyed going see everyone and hanging out on the beach with them again. Unfortunately the bite was still off.

Then I headed off to Louisiana for a week of Bass fishing with my dad and brother. I had a great time with them and will put a report in the Freshwater section in a few days.

Upon returning home we started searching for bait. In particular cownose rays.
We finally got one and headed to the beach for a night. At 1:00 am I hooked a very solid tiger that wound up breaking me off on the sandbar

No more hits that night. It was cold again and neither of us were in a hurry to get out of the sleeping bags. We finally get moving and take a "selfie" :lol:

Not long after Diana's rod starts bouncing and goes slack. She reels and reels and reels :lol: :lol: we knew what it was long before it got to the beach. One of those "winter" 6ft tigers :D

With the trip a success we head home. The next day we go to the bridge searching for rays....EPIC FAIL. I missed so many rays it was ridiculous. We head home with no bait for night fishing. The next day we try again and somehow I snag a ray I can barely see it is so deep! Sharking tonight!! :D

Diana's niece is in town and she choose to stay home and spend time with family. I make a bunch of calls and finally line a few guys up to fish. My friend Jesse, Justin (SOS member) and Peter the Bluefish slayer.

We get a couple nice sandbars fairly early

Mine

Justin's 130 reel and his shark

Everyone but myself had to work the next morning and they slowly headed off the beach. By 230am I was alone on the beach when my 12/0 got a short hit and woke me up. I checked both reels and fell back asleep.

About and hour or so later my 14/0 started to click a nice steady long growl. This is when all my years of sharking and chasing a dream Tiger was finally going to come true. In one way it was unfortunate I was on the beach alone but in another I feel it is exactly how it was suppose to be. I don't have good pics but some video and its not good either but I hope you enjoy the moment with me as you watch it. The Tiger measured 11ft 6in with a nub tail

This year has been very special for Diana and I. Since my return home from work in mid July we have landed 4 Tigers over 10 feet and two of which are personal best. I think our total for tigers to this point is 11 and mostly nice solid ones. We have had many many quiet nights with some exceptional moments in between. We fish very hard but I just want everyone out there to know that sometimes its just your time and when it comes around to you just hang on for the ride and enjoy.

Wishing you all Sharks on the Sand,
LaSharkHunter
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Re: October Report PB Tigers for SharkGirl and LaSharkHunter

Postby Tunastick on October 26th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Congrats to all involved, and a big congrats on the pb's! awesome October report!
Tunastick

Postby GetSharked on October 27th, 2014, 12:09 am

I think you should have called this post tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger! haha

Good work on all the sharks you guys caught and congrats on the PB's for everyone.

First trip for the Summer for me this weekend. Hope I have even half the success you guys got.
GetSharked

Postby elwinsharp on October 27th, 2014, 12:52 am

Great report!!! Lots of good solid fish and good times on the sand with family. I was cheering you on while watching the video. Between you and Davin, I think I may change my style of fishing. Congratulations to all.
elwinsharp

Postby EastTennSharker on October 27th, 2014, 7:34 am

Troy, GREAT Report....Congratulations to You, Diana and Doc. I know how hard you guys fish and you deserve every fish that hits the beach. Even though you don't have great pics, the memory of that Huge Tiger will be etched in you memory forever and we can all feel your excitement in the video. Great job...to successfully land and release a 12 foot tiger solo is an amazing feat. Especially at night. Can't imagine how that felt. I know you had to walk her out past the low-tide sandbar....Scary!! Congrats again, buddy.....You guys killed it!
Greg Sowder
EastTennSharker
EastTennSharker

Postby TexasTails65 on October 27th, 2014, 7:52 am

Beautiful fish guys y'all killed it! Congrats to everyone!
TexasTails65

Postby maninthegraysuit on October 27th, 2014, 8:26 am

There's not that much anyone can say other than WELL DONE! You all had a month that was better than a lot of people's lifetimes!
maninthegraysuit

Postby BigJackOBX on October 27th, 2014, 8:30 am

Tremendous report, those are some NICE tigers man.
NC
BigJackOBX

Postby KYHammer on October 27th, 2014, 8:59 am

Congratulations! Thanks for bringing us along! ;)
KYHammer

Postby oncebitten on October 27th, 2014, 9:01 am

Great Trip, Lovely Tigers, congrats on new PB's. I often wonder how you do it, but I know it's all about the hard work you put in. Very inspirational :D
Lo the Angler, he riseth early and waketh the whole household.

Great and many are his preperations....And when the day is long done, he returneth, smelling of strong drink - and the Truth is not in Him!
oncebitten

Next

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk