Many Nights and Days on the Beach 11ft Tiger, Lemon, Hammers

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Re: Many Nights and Days on the Beach 11ft Tiger, Lemon, Ham

Postby drfew on August 11th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Amazing trip. Congrats.

Brian

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
drfew

Postby jtnwdc on August 11th, 2014, 8:58 pm

You guys are awesome--what a great team! What a beautifully marked Tiger! (and great job saving that turtle) Job well done on a sweet report.
jtnwdc

Postby Firedawg on August 12th, 2014, 3:10 am

Good stuff!!!!!!
Firedawg

Postby KYHammer on August 12th, 2014, 3:26 am

Now that's how you Do It! Congratulations on those Beasts! Love seeing them caught on the tried and True 14/0! Tigers, Hammers, Lemons! Oh My! :lol:
KYHammer

Postby TheFangman on August 12th, 2014, 11:31 am

Wow. Unbelievable report you guys. Im glad everyone is back together and fishing.
TheFangman

Postby CATCHINJIANTS on August 13th, 2014, 8:34 am

As always... AWESOME! 8-)
....................Image......................
-----------Just another opinion. FISH ON!!!----------
CATCHINJIANTS

Postby LaSharkHunter on August 13th, 2014, 1:56 pm

elwinsharp wrote:Troy, I see in the picture with the big lemon you have the dehooker stuck in the sand blocking the lemon's head. That is the only way I will get that close myself. Of all the fish, the lemons have gave me the hardest time on the sand.

Hey Elwin. I don't take near the chances I once did. My reactions are just a tad slower these days. Lemons definitely try to eat You on the sand!
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Postby LaSharkHunter on August 13th, 2014, 2:00 pm

crackerman wrote:Very nice trips! Excellent quality fish.

Do you happen to have a picture close up and zoomed out of your ray gig? I was thinking about building one and need some ideas.

I probably do. Having some computer issues once I get that straight I will send you a pic.
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Postby LaSharkHunter on August 13th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Thanks for all the great comments :D the family here at SOS is the best!

Where do I start? This trip had so many special moments its hard to sit down and put them all into words.

First I would like to say that SharkGirl you did a FANTASTIC job with the report. SharkGirl was the lead producer on this trip. She caught more fish and bait than anyone else. She landed some first with the greater hammers but fished hard as I've ever seen anyone fish trying to reach her goal of landing a 10ft plus shark. I was extremely impressed by her. Over the last couple years her skills have become topnotch and I am extremely proud of her and very happy to have her as my fishing partner.

Debbie -- congratulations on your 9ft tiger! Great catch and accomplishment! Many of you dont know but that is Debbie's 3rd tiger over 8ft! Believe me she will be landing many more great fish in the future. She has the rare ability to make the right decisions at the right time which always lead to success!

Doc -- as always great time fishing with you. Thank you for making the trip possible. Though I dont like dwelling on lost fish I have to say i know without a doubt that was the biggest tiger I've seen since 2009. I hope you get another chance at her soon.

Tom -- what a blast you are!! Glad you accepted me as part of the family :lol: I'm looking forward to our next trip together. Those bridge fish wont have a chance! 8-) one thing I know even if the fish aren't biting we will have a great time trying to sell my pier cart! :shock: :lol:

Greg -- as always buddy it was great being on the sand with you. Way to go pulling out that bull in the end! Sometimes going back to the basics is the best decision there is! Looking forward to our upcoming trip! I bet we put some monsters on the sand then...I feel it!

Here are a few other moments that stand out to me during this trip. ..

--My lost lucky trace being recaptured.
--How big the ray was that Diana's first hammer ate
--Seaweed :x
--West wind :x
-- a cool front at the end of July :D
-- how good we ate
-- the nine foot tiger spitting up a live turtle on the beach!!
--a monster hammer feeding right in front of us. How the show of power was so amazing and scary at the same time
--Doc's big tiger on top of the water!
--Tom's stories!
--Getting to spend time with our friends Robert and Regina on the sand. Truly good people!
--tuna steak!

And finally I will say catching my big tiger.....AMAZING! I have fished 18 nights since returning home with only 4 fish landed but with one 10ft and the other 11ft I think could fish another 18 for the same results. I have to thank Tunastick for the hook. I gave it a try and it worked like a charm. And huge thanks to my wife for being there by my side through it all, building my lucky trace and tail roping both my big tigers.

Wishing you all Sharks on the Sand,
LaSharkHunter
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Postby LaSharkHunter on August 13th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Heres a video link to my 11ft tiger .

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B287kl6 ... =drive_web

We have several more vids and once I get a chance I will put them all together and make a youtube vid.

Hope you enjoy this one.
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk