Great White, Dream catcher. video clips added.

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Re: Great White, Dream catcher.

Postby ChileRelleno on October 29th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Truly awesome story and catch! :shock: 8-)

I think you probably just acquired living legend status.
Last edited by ChileRelleno on October 29th, 2013, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
ChileRelleno

Postby Matzy on October 29th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Jeff,

Congratulations! You truly did make history! Years from now, some very fortunate soul might be able to say they caught a bigger one. What they won't be able to say is that they caught the first one from a beach in the U.S. because you, and only you, hold that accomplishment. Take your time and think about that - digest it, internalize it, and appreciate it to its fullest. I know I couldn't be happier for you! How many people can honestly say they were the first to do anything these days? Let alone what I would consider reaching the pinnacle of the most extreme form of angling practiced in this country.

Running up to it in the suds must have been a rush of incredible proportions. You laid your hands on every fisherman's dream. That feat, in and of itself, has been done by a select few from the boat or the beach.

Enjoy it!

-Matt
Matzy

Postby elwinsharp on October 30th, 2013, 12:02 am

Jeff, I just finished reading your report and watching the video. I don't know what to say. I was jumping up and down, yelling and cheering for you and your wife.( I'm at work so they will probably be drug testing me now :lol: ) What an amazing catch and to do it with your family is just an awesome gift. Except for the jerking in the video, I would not change a thing about it. It shows it just as it actually happened. Some people have no idea how busy it gets especially for the ones assitting us. Your wife did a fantastic job all the way around. I am glad you both got to share this amazing catch.
I am very proud of the two of you. I don't know what else to say. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
elwinsharp

Postby LaSharkHunter on October 30th, 2013, 1:47 am

Where do I start? I have talked on the phone with Jeff, I have read and read the report, watched and re-watched the video and know I will do it over and over many more times.

This is all so overwhelming for me.....I can't imagine what Jeff is going through.

I remember fishing with Jeff for the first time several years ago. He had a ton of drive and determination. I could tell then he had what it would take to make a good Land Based shark fisherman. Our friendship was born on those early trips but there was more to it than just fishing and I have considered him more as my brother than a friend. Jeff was at my wedding taking care of so many things to help make that day the best! I was at his wedding doing my best to return the favor. I watched Jeff grow as a fisherman...going through learning curves and the ups and downs. He became a steady producer catching some very nice fish, most notably a 9ft plus bull!!

I remember the day Jeff told me they were being stationed in California. My heart sank and it was truly a sad moment for me. As brothers do we talked about all the GREAT things the move would do for him and the new experiences he would have. We talked about sharking of course and the immense possibilities that were there. They leave and we have stayed in touch. Then on Sunday I received a message that said "Something Special Happened Today". I looked at Diana and with excitement and said "Oh my God I think Jeff has caught a GREAT WHITE!!"

Jeff -- You did it! You did it! You did it! You caught a GREAT WHITE! This is absolutely historic! You are now forever known as the man who caught the first GREAT WHITE!

When I watched the Video...chills ran through my body. The experience was amazing but the part that hit home the most to me was the end....I could feel your excitement, disbelief, admiration for the fish and all the other emotions that were going on in this so special moment.

You went to different waters using the same techniques that we used here on the Gulf Coast and YOU made it happen!!!

The fish itself is a magnificent creature. I can't quit looking at it.

Jeff Congratulation on the catch of a lifetime and forever sealing yourself into history of this sport.

Enjoy the moment brother, enjoy it to the fullest,

LaSharkHunter
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Postby KYHammer on October 30th, 2013, 3:52 am

Well said Troy!
Congratulations Jeff! You are now officially the Man! :D
KYHammer

Postby Paul Mac on October 30th, 2013, 6:21 am

Congratulations! This very well may be the catch of a lifetime.
Paul Mac

Postby John Hebisen on October 30th, 2013, 8:25 am

Matzy wrote:Jeff,

Congratulations! You truly did make history! Years from now, some very fortunate soul might be able to say they caught a bigger one. What they won't be able to say is that they caught the first one from a beach in the U.S. because you, and only you, hold that accomplishment. Take your time and think about that - digest it, internalize it, and appreciate it to its fullest. I know I couldn't be happier for you! How many people can honestly say they were the first to do anything these days? Let alone what I would consider reaching the pinnacle of the most extreme form of angling practiced in this country.

Running up to it in the suds must have been a rush of incredible proportions. You laid your hands on every fisherman's dream. That feat, in and of itself, has been done by a select few from the boat or the beach.

Enjoy it!

-Matt

Nailed IT !!!!
So Happy For you Jeff :!: :!:
John Hebisen

Postby team shark fever on October 30th, 2013, 8:32 am

LBSF history has been made.The Holy Grail of our sport has been reached.For all of us who dream of such a catch you will be remembered as the pioneer who actually did it -the first to do it from a US beach.Congratulations.Loved the way the report was written and the poise you kept through all the tough elements,the high surf and the kelp running into your line on that cold dreary looking California beach .That you did this with only your wife and daughter next to you shows your resilience.A HUGE CONGRTATULATIONS FROM EVERYONE IN THE South Florida Shark Club,I wish Rene de Dios was alive to see this -his dream come true.
team shark fever

Postby Blacktip Skippa on October 30th, 2013, 9:47 am

Dang Jeff you took it to the next step. Your video better be on shark week next year or I will be giving discovery channel a call. Congratulations on a lifetime catch. I hope to see another jaws report in the future
Blacktip Skippa

Postby BigScott on October 30th, 2013, 9:59 am

Great report Jeff! EPIC catch of a lifetime!!! Congrats man!
-Big Scott
BigScott

PreviousNext

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk