GOT BEAST !!!! report

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

GOT BEAST !!!! report

Postby NCSHARKER on October 16th, 2013, 2:18 pm

OK so. where to begin. as you may know i moved to Florida . Well i got a job on a live aboard dive boat that caters to spear fishing in the dry Tortuga's. This being said I don't really have any time for my self and rarely get to fish.
The entire summer my buddies would call me telling me about there fish and well i couldn't go. Welllll the other day a trip was canceled so I grabbed my gear and went to the beach. The spot was nothing fancy. Just a beach access. So I set up the rod (penn 12/0) YES I KNOW AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A PEEP ABOUT IT!!!!! LOLOL.

Any way I grab my gig and start walking around looking for bait. I cant find anything. After about an hour I come across a tiny and I mean tiny ray in the wash so I stuck it. It was about the size of both of my hands put together. Needless to say not a 12/0 bait. Well its all i got so i put it out about 150yrds in hopes of a small bull or whatever, I didn't really care just wanted to fish.

i sit down crack a (soda) :twisted: and relax. FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES then all hell broke loose. wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY ##^#$#^#@$&(*^*

I can honestly say I have never heard a reel make that noise. i engaged the reel and just about fell over. From that moment I knew that this was the fish I have always wanted and from the way the line was burning off the reel I knew exactly what it was.

The next 30 minutes were full of all kinds of feelings , fear and pain. I just knew something would go wrong but it never did. After a brutal fight my buddy John runs in to get the fish and I hear him scream what I already knew. HUGE HAMMER!!!!!

Unfortunately the pix didn't come out very good. I was lucky to even get picture.
We didn't get an exact measurement. Like I said I wasn't prepared for this at all. I will say that we put the kayak next to it and she was a bit bigger, my kayak is 11.5feet

This was an amazing experience and i now have a new respect for the monster sharks of the sea.
NCSHARKER

Re: GOT BEAST !!!! report

Postby GreatWhiteHunter on October 16th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Awesome, Awesome Post and Congrads; Glad you got to go out fishing, and Caught a monster Shark the size of a submarine. The fact that you caught it on a 12/0 speaks volumes about your angling skills and experience as a fisherman. You deserve that once in a lifetime catch twice over and the size of that shark is absolutely awe striking. The fascinating thing to me is you caught it on a surprisingly small piece of bait which goes to show Big Sharks will take all sizes of baits. Again Congrads there are few who deserve that shark as much as you do, and thanks again for the write up.
GreatWhiteHunter

Postby Tunastick on October 16th, 2013, 3:07 pm

big congrats, very nice hammer!
Tunastick

Postby Bunnlevel Sharker on October 16th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Awesome hammer! Never heard of a 30w called a penn 12/0 :D

Grayson Lanier
Bunnlevel Sharker

Postby AStevens66 on October 16th, 2013, 4:27 pm

CONGRATS! There are very few fish that swim that will make a reel sound like that and it is an AWESOME thing to hear :twisted:.
AStevens66

Postby Chris76eatsleepfish on October 16th, 2013, 4:42 pm

nice hammer, goes to show u dont know what can happen unless u go
Chris76eatsleepfish

Postby HeadBanger on October 16th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Proof that elephants eat peanuts! Awesome hammer mate!
HeadBanger

Postby KYHammer on October 16th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Good Job NC! You the Man! ;)
Were you fishing mono on that 12?
KYHammer

Postby ReelDeal on October 16th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Jason I don't want to burn your spot but was this hammer caught were we ran into one another in southwest? If you don't remember you offered to run my second bait for me.
ReelDeal

Postby TheFangman on October 16th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Congrats Jason. A well deserved fish.
TheFangman

Next

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk