Report: 10'5'' MAKO, 2 Tigers and Sandbars

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Re: Report: 10'5'' MAKO, 2 Tigers and Sandbars

Postby Arslinger on December 26th, 2012, 10:39 pm

words cannot explain the emotion i was feeling reading up to the picture of the mako. like this was literally the first time i read every single word without looking at the pictures further down the page. im not sure about everyone else but i was shaking like a leaf the whole time!!! congrats on that catch i literally dream of something like that
Arslinger

Postby maninthegraysuit on December 26th, 2012, 10:44 pm

REPORT of the year!!! Great accomplishment guys
maninthegraysuit

Postby Bunnlevel Sharker on December 26th, 2012, 10:52 pm

All i know to say is.......HOLY CRAP!!!! :D :D :D :D :D That is amazing. Congradulations yall need the sharkers of the year award :) Like it has been said...yall always seem to make it happen on the sand 8-)

Grayson Lanier
Bunnlevel Sharker

Postby Matzy on December 26th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Thank you all very much for the kind words! With a special thanks once again to Troy and Diana!

I tried my best to bring this experience to life even though I knew it was an impossible goal. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this trip and this particular shark since the moment it went airborne on its first jump.

Thanks again! I feel extremely fortunate!

Matt
Matzy

Postby John Hebisen on December 27th, 2012, 12:28 am

Matzy,

Congrats on the legendary shark. Trips like this is what we all strive for... I can only imagine how powerful and how beautiful a shark of this magnitude is. I can only imagine the emotions you guys felt after that. Something like like is a game changer, tigers, hammers, bulls they all are very very nice.. But this is one to really remember, this is not a everyday catch.
You guys did it and a 10'5 to boot !! I know for me I will not forget this.

Awesome just Awesome!!!! That was a perfect way to end a year !!

Congrats to all involved !!
John Hebisen

Postby Carcharodonw/ocares on December 27th, 2012, 12:34 am

Wow guys! That is awesome! You guys did a great job and way to get the fish of a life time on the sand!
-Matt
Carcharodonw/ocares

Postby CATCHINJIANTS on December 27th, 2012, 7:42 am

Wow!!! you to on the sand together has that magic combo... unbelievable guys! that is so bada$$!! :mrgreen:

The picture of you in the water and that big ol pointy head sticking out just a little is a great shot. Oh, and what camera where you using? beautiful pictures.
....................Image......................
-----------Just another opinion. FISH ON!!!----------
CATCHINJIANTS

Postby Scout on December 27th, 2012, 8:52 am

To add a little insight to this I would like to say that I am very glad this fish happened and that Matzy was the guy to catch it.
There's really no way to describe it other than to say that Matt was the guy that had the skills to pull this off. This same fish has probably dumped or broken off numerous anglers to date in previous incidents, Matt was the guy at the right place, with the right bait, the right leader, the right set up, the knowledge, the experience, and the right crew to pull it off. Matt and Troy are truly deserving of this accomplishment. Thanks guys for documenting this so well, thanks Matt for taking the time out of your hectic schedule to write it all up so well that it felt like the closest thing to being there, and for sharing some truly amazing pictures of a lifetime catch. Many of you here may not have known of "Matzy" for very long and not sure if you picked up on it in his write up but Matt has already caught some real beast in the past. These include multiple tigers up to 12', a hammer almost 12', numerous BIG bulls, large sand bars and lemons, and is the stingray slayer with a spear. Matey has EARNED every bit of it and each "lifetime" fish. I have a sneaking feeling he's not done yet either - he just got the burners relit on this trip and will be plotting to tame another beast in the future. This catch also says a lot about Troy Coupel, a man that gives so selflessly of his knowledge and skills to those that wish to earn it - thank you Troy for being a great partner, friend, and mentor to me as we'll as giving so much forward to the next generation.
SharksOnTheSand.com
Scout
Site Admin

Postby Blacktip Hunter on December 27th, 2012, 9:03 am

Amazing fish! Congrats on a fish of a lifetime! :D
"They measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise" (2 Corinthians 10:12).

Visit us online: http://blacktiphfishing.org
Blacktip Hunter

Postby JJ572 on December 27th, 2012, 9:06 am

Congrats Troy and Matzy on an outstanding trip!! WOW!!! :shock: 8-)
JJ572

PreviousNext

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk