Report: 10'5'' MAKO, 2 Tigers and Sandbars

Reports from your shark fishing trip go here....

Re: Report: 10'5'' MAKO, 2 Tigers and Sandbars

Postby Tunastick on December 26th, 2012, 5:59 pm

big congrats guys, that is an awesome looking shark! Love the pictures.
Tunastick

Postby Nathlete Cap on December 26th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Great report way to go.
Nathlete Cap

Postby LaSharkHunter on December 26th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Where do I start????? Personally, I'm still trying to grasp it all and don't think I could have written this report.

First -- I would like to say to Matzy, my friend, you put a fabulous report together. You put into words about this trip in a manner where everyone can get a feel for what we went through on the beach at that moment. It's as close as it can get without actually being there.

Second -- I am so glad that my friend could make it here to fish with me. It had been to long since we fished together and given what we were each going through it was much needed.

I'm reminiscing a bit today. Remembering the "kid" from New York calling me and asking me so many really good questions. I remember how so many of his questions really made me think and actually reinvigorated me to chase those Monster sharks. I remember a true friendship being born. I remember the phone call about his first 11 foot tiger like it was yesterday! It has been a true pleasure to watch Matt grow into the GREAT angler he is today. His accomplishments will be matched by few and I am grateful and honored to have been apart of some of them.

I was lucky enough to be there when he caught his 12 foot tiger. One of those moments that is burned into my memory. One that is replayed over and over on almost a daily basis. Now, I am lucky enough to be there with, what I consider, the ultimate catch. This fish had a huge huge effect on both of us, like no other ever has. It is unexplainable and cannot be put into words what this fish did to us on the beach that cold winter day.

Matt, Congratulations on truly the catch of a Life Time.

Hope its not so long between fishing trips this time for us. Hurry on back and maybe Diana will make those biscuits again :D :D :D

Troy
LaSharkHunter
Site Admin

Postby nway93 on December 26th, 2012, 7:41 pm

First of all congrats to both of ya'll for accomplishing what very few have done. That is one cool looking fish and i can't imagine how stoked you must be for catching a fish like that. That feeling when you put that one big fish you've been after is so addicting and why we stick it out on those miserable nights and fish hard day in and day out.
nway93

Postby HuntinForTail on December 26th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Congrats guys! What an awesome catch. I'm sittin here in Texas wishing I could be on the sand. Yall accomplished what all of us shark fishermen dream of.

Where in florida was this?
HuntinForTail

Postby CentralFlSharker on December 26th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Wow thats some good stuff. The panhandle sure does seem like a awesome place to fish...
CentralFlSharker

Postby SharkGirl on December 26th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I still get chills running up and down my spine every time I think and look at these pictures! I could not be more happier for you Matt!!!! I will say it again, I HATE THAT I MISSED THIS CATCH!! I tried so hard to get to the beach in time!!!! You guys did so well handling that monster by yourselves and ALL the pictures are amazing how they captured every moment of the capture and release of this magnificent creature of the sea! A true catch of a lifetime and I am so glad we got to share that experience with you!! I can not congratulate you enough!!!
It was truly a pleasure having the opportunity to fish with you once again. We are so glad you got to make a trip down here and I could not be happier that it paid off in such a huge way for you!!!
You guys endured such miserable tough conditions. Troy and Matt = true hard core fisherman!!!!
Last but not least, congratulations on the Tigers and ALLLLLL the Sandbars as well!!!
I had a blast fishing with you guys the few days I got to and enjoyed the Shark fishing, Sheephead fishing, Bonito fishing, Blue fishing, Pin fishing :lol: to the Cownose hunting!!! What an all around great time and a trip that will never be forgotten by ANYONE!!!!
Best wishes on all your future en devours, I hope this trip helps give you the little extra boost to get you through your next semester ;)
Again congratulations to both of you!!!!!
Diana
SharkGirl
Site Admin

Postby team shark fever on December 26th, 2012, 9:48 pm

WOW !!!!!What an accomplishment,what an Epic report it seems like every time Matzy and Troy fish together something big is gonna get caught.If there really is such a thing as Karma you guys are the proof;that right there is probably one of the all time best winter time sharking reports on any shark fishing site.I still remember all the huge sharks in your reports on the other previous site,,,and I bet he's GREEN with envy now but that's a whole different subject and i'm getting sidetracked-sorry.
Guys you have hit the Apex in the sport and this Mako in addition to the other extraordinary catches made this year have me convinced that IN OUR SPORT 2012 HAS BEEN THE VERY BEST YEAR FOR BIG SHARKS.

CONGRATULATIONS MATZY AND CONGRATULATIONS TO TROY ON THIS CATCH AND ON THE EVOLUTION OF THE S.O.S SITE
team shark fever

Postby beachcamper on December 26th, 2012, 9:56 pm

What to say!!!!...... Congrats guys!!!! Matt, I remember our last chat and you talking about how you really wanted to pull off something new. I'd say you did that and then some for sure!!!! Oh, and throw in a couple tigers as well as some very healthy looking sandbars to boot, WOW. Truly a spectacular accomplishment, bucket list stuff guys!!!! Many congrats on making it happen. Also, would not be as spectacular if you had looked warm and comfy in those pics. !!! Way to gut it out and make it happen, the only way it usually does...

Chris
beachcamper

Postby Carnie on December 26th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Matzy you and Troy you guys a truly an inspiration to us all, another totally unbelievable report, Huge congratulations, this one will be hard to top but I'm sure you guys will find a way to do it somehow.
Carnie

PreviousNext

Return to Shark Fishing Reports & Talk